1. Christ-Centered Worldview
- Live out our vision to Impact the world for Christ by preparing servant leaders
- Integrate a Christ-centered worldview into academic subject areas
- Begin every day with a prayer and mission time, a time dedicated to Christ and our role in the world as Christians
2. Welcoming Community
- Experience the welcoming community of peers, teachers, coaches, and administrators
- Build relationships with people from all walks of life
- Participate in mission groups, led by a staff mission leader, and experience spiritual growth through relationships with your group
3. Student Diversity
- Join a student body representing 31 different nationalities
- Interact with a diverse staff from 13 different nationalities
- Learn to interact with different cultures in preparation to be a global citizen
- Learn from teachers who are passionate about teaching in their subject areas
- Develop unique partnerships with staff to achieve your academic goals
- Interact with experienced staff, with 40% having 8 or more years of experience in their field
5. Rigorous Academics
- In primary, participate in “specials,” including computers, French, music, art, library, and physical education.
- In secondary, participate in Advanced Placement (AP) and Pre-AP courses
- Enroll in rigorous academic courses at a US-Accredited School (accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International & Middle States Association)
- Register for unique course electives, including photography, media design, choir, drama, personal finance, and more.
6. Career and College Prep
- Learn from a goal setting, future oriented mindset
- Sit for college examinations, as KICS is an official testing site offering the ACT, SAT, PSAT, and AP Examinations.
- Participate in student led conferences, SAT prep courses, and other programs to prepare you for the future
- Participate in a variety of artistic activities, including choir, band, photography, yearbook, art, media design, drama, piano, and worship band
- Display artistic talent at art show and concert each year
- Participate in varsity or junior varsity football (soccer) and basketball
- Compete in leagues with motivated teams under the guidance of excellent coaches
- Cheer on the Lady Kites Basketball team, International Basketball League champions for 2 years in a row
9. Community Investment
- Get involved in local ministries and volunteer opportunities in Rwanda.
- Participate in service projects, allowing students to brainstorm, engineer, and execute ideas for serving the community beyond KICS.
- Enhance your academic growth in the science lab, library, media centers, and piano studio
- Take part in the most technologically advanced school in Rwanda