My name is Ben Thomas and I have the privilege of serving as the Director of KICS.
My wife, Susie, and our 4 kids have been serving at KICS since 2014. We love KICS and are thankful to be serving here. We like to think of KICS more like a family than an institution.
A few things you should know about KICS from my view:
- Vision & Mission: Everything we do is rooted and based in our Vision and Mission. These are not just statements for us. They serve as our guide in every aspect of the school
- People: The people associated with KICS are wonderful. With students and families from 27 countries, including Rwanda, and staff from nearly 15 the global family of KICS is an incredible culture. If you are a prospective teacher, you will be delighted with the students (though there will be times that drive you crazy). If you are a prospective parent or student, you will not find educators and administrators that care more for you as a person than our KICS staff.
- Current Season: We are in the middle of a serious growth process. As we celebrated our first 10 years of KICS, we looked back on God’s faithfulness. As we look forward to our next 10 years, His Vision Our Future, we look to see how God will continue to be faithful in the life of KICS.
Additionally, here are a few reasons why I have chosen to invest at KICS:
- KICS is a spiritual greenhouse. According to the Atlas of Global Christianity, 86% of members of the three major world religions, do not know a Christian. Having a school like KICS, is an incredible way for students and families of all faiths to get to know each other, around the truth of who is Christ.
- Samuel Escobar, the South American missiologist says, “The mission to which God sends those he chooses is always a “mission impossible,” possible only because God will act in order to accomplish his purpose.” Looking back on the first 10 years of KICS, this was mission impossible and God came through. Looking forward to the next 10 years at KICS is also mission impossible and we look forward to how God will move. There is no place I’d rather be than in the middle of where God is at work and on the move. KICS has been and will continue to trust God for what He alone can accomplish.
Thanks again for visiting. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Dr. Benjamin P. Thomas