Employees of Kigali International Community School must be willing to sign the following statement of faith and Lifestyle Agreement.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21)
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ: (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12- 13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, I Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that God has established marriage as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman and that all intimate sexual activity outside the marriage relationship, whether heterosexual, homosexual, or otherwise, is immoral and therefore sin. We believe that God created the human race male and female and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one’s birth gender is immoral and therefore sin.
KICS is a religious, nonprofit organization representing Jesus Christ throughout the local community. KICS requires its employees to be born-again Christians, living their lives as Christian role models (Rom. 10:9–10, 1 Tim. 4:12, Luke 6:40). Employees will conduct themselves in a way that will not raise questions regarding their Christian testimonies. A Christian lifestyle should reflect the biblical perspective of integrity, appropriate personal and family relationships, business conduct, and moral behavior. An employee is expected to demonstrate a teachable spirit, an ability to share love for others, a willingness to live contentedly under authority, and a commitment to follow the Matthew 18 principle when an issue arises with fellow employees or management.
The KICS Statement of Faith expects employees to maintain a lifestyle based on biblical standards of moral conduct. Moral misconduct, which violates the bona fide occupational qualification for employees to be Christian role models, includes, but is not limited to, promiscuity and homosexual behavior or any other violation of the unique roles of male and female (Rom. 1:21–27, 1 Cor. 6:9–20). KICS believes that biblical marriage is limited to a covenant relationship between a man and a woman.
KICS employees will maintain a lifestyle based on biblical standards of conduct. Failure to do so may result in a reprimand or, in some cases, dismissal from employment. It is the goal of KICS that each employee will have a lifestyle in which “He may have the preeminence” (Col. 1:18, NKJV).
Declaration of Moral Integrity Form
“Honor marriage, and guard the sacredness of sexual intimacy between wife and husband. God draws a firm line against casual and illicit sex.” (Hebrews 13:4, The Message)
“A pupil is not superior to his teacher, but everyone [when he is] completely trained (readjusted, restored, set to rights, and perfected) will be like his teacher.” (Luke 6:40, AMP) .
KICS expects all of its employees, as well as its volunteers who have unsupervised access to children, to model the same Christian values and lifestyle that it seeks to inculcate in its students. As an applicant for a ministry position as an employee or as a volunteer at KICS, I recognize, understand, and agree to live by the Christian moral standards of the school.
I declare that as a follower of Christ, I am not engaging in and commit to not engage in inappropriate sexual conduct. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to, such behaviors as the following: heterosexual activity outside of marriage (e.g., premarital sex, cohabitation, extramarital sex), homosexual activity, sexual harassment, use of (including the viewing of) pornographic material or websites, and sexual abuse or improprieties toward minors as defined by Scripture and federal or state law.