Kigali International Community School strives to provide high-quality education in a Christian environment. Kigali International Community School admits students of any race, color, religion, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to ACSI students. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the administration of our educational policies, admissions procedures, tuition assistance awards, athletic and other school administered programs. We do, however, reserve the right to deny admission to any individual who cannot benefit from enrollment based on past academic achievement, disqualifying disability, or whose personal life-style is not in harmony with the stated philosophy and purpose of the Kigali International Community School.
Key Admission Dates
- February 15 – Early Admissions Deadline (Notification by March 1)
- May 15 – Regular Admissions Deadline (Notification by June 1)
- August 1 – Late Admissions Deadline (Notification by August 15)
- Submit the Application Form, $200 application fee, and additional documentation to KICS reception or email@example.com
- Submit FAST Financial Aid Application (only applies for families requesting consideration for financial aid)
- Student Entrance Testing is conducted at KICS
- Student and Parent Interviews
- Admissions Committee Decision
American Educational System Grade Placement
The Kigali International Community School follows the American educational system. However, many students enter KICS from different educational backgrounds. When considering a student’s grade placement, the admissions committee takes into account many factors, including the student’s age, previous educational system, school records, and testing results.
Below are charts showing the age requirements by September 1st for students entering the American educational system:
Primary Age by Grade Level
|Age by September 1||4 yrs.||5 yrs.||6 yrs.||7 yrs.||8 yrs.||9 yrs.||10 yrs.|
Secondary Age by Grade Level
|Age by September 1||11 yrs.||12 yrs.||13 yrs.||14 yrs.||15 yrs.||16 yrs.||17 yrs.|
For additional questions and inquiries, contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.